Questions? Feedback? powered by Olark live chat software Change Windows 8 Product Key | BM TRICKS 1

Change Windows 8 Product Key

Saturday 21 September 2013

How To Change Windows 8 Product Key To Complete Activation


While I was installing Windows 8, one thing I found that was missing, at least to me, was the activation dialogue.
No activation is fine and ok for me, until I wanted to change my Start screen’s background.
Under the PC Settings > Personalize. It says “You need to activate Windows before you can personalize your PC.” So that leaves me no choice but to activate.

2012-08-16_0022

But …

After poking around all the possible place, I just couldn’t find a UI that allows me to change or even enter my activation key. It seems like a time for a “hack” for it.
Firstly, you need to go to the Start screen type “cmd” and right click. Make sure you choose run as “Administrator” from the bottom options.

2012-08-16_0030_001
Once the command prompt is launched with local admin privilege, run the following command to enter your activation key.

2012-08-16_0031
slmgr.vbs -ipk YOUR-ACTIVATION-KEY-HERE
(If you have already installed a key, remove it by the code slmgr.vbs -upk
2012-08-16_0032
You will get a confirmation for the product key that you have entered.
Then, run the following script to activate the product key
slmgr.vbs -ato
2012-08-16_0034
Finally, you will get a confirmation on product activated successfully.

2012-08-16_0034_001
Now all you need to do is to restart your Windows 8.

Download: Java App

Copyright @ 2014 BM TRICKS 1. Designed by Surjit Singh